Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 25 Mins Cook Time: 25 Mins Total Time: 50 Mins
A classic apple pie recipe that will make your kitchen smell like a fairy tale!
Click to rate this recipe!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
- For Covering
- For Baking
For Apple Covering
- Wash and peel the apples. Grate them into a large bowl until you reach the stem.
- Add sugar and cinnamon on top and mix throughly.
- Place the butter on a pan and heat up the pan. Add the apple mixture into the pan and keep stirring until the apple juice evaporates.
- Finally add the crushed walnuts and cook for 1 more minute. Take the pan to the counter and leave it there to cool down. For Tart
- Mix the egg yolks and milk with a fork. This is our first mixture.
- Mix the flour, sugar, vanilla and salt in a different bowl. Add the butter on the mixture slowly while you are mixing.
- Add the first mixture (egg yolks and milk) on top of the other mixture. Knead until you get a dough which is not sticky.
- Pour one tablespoon of melted butter on the tart tray and spread it evenly with an egg brush.
- Divide the dough in half. Keep the other half for later. Put one half on the tart tray and roll it out evenly with your hands or with the help of a water glass. Leave the sides a little thicker so you will have the crust keep the stuffing inside while baking.
- Make small holes in the base with the tips of a fork. Then place the apple mixture on the tart and spread it evenly.
- Roll out the other half of the dough you kept on a baking paper you placed on the counter.
- You can make shapes with a cookie cutter and place those shapes on the pie. (or you can make even strips with a pizza cutter from this dough and use them to make a cage on the pie.)
- Preheat the oven at 170℃. (fan mode off)
- Bake the tart for 25 minutes on the middle shelf of the oven.
- Bon appetit!