Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 20 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 40 Mins
A classic vanilla pie recipe that will make your kitchen smell like a fairy tale!
Click to rate this recipe!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
- For Baking
- For Topping
- Mix the egg yolks and milk with a fork.
- Mix the flour, sugar, vanilla and salt in a different bowl. Add the butter on the mixture slowly while you are mixing.
- Add the first mixture with egg yolks and milk on top of the other mixture. Knead until you get a dough which is not sticky.
- Pour one tablespoon of melted butter on the tart tray and spread it evenly with an egg brush.
- Divide the dough in half. Keep the other half for later. Put one half on the tart tray and roll it out evenly with your hands or a help of a water glass. Leave the sides a little thicker so you will have the crust keep the jam inside while baking.
- Make small holes in the base with the tips of a fork. Then pour the jam on the tart and spread it evenly.
- Roll out the other half of the dough you kept on a baking paper you placed on the counter. Make even strips with a pizza cutter from this dough and use them to make a cage on the pie.
- Preheat the oven at 170℃. (fan mode off)
- Bake the tart for 15-20 minutes on the middle shelf of the oven.
- Bon appetit!
You can use different jams to give it your personal touch.