Category: Floury Things, Main Dishes
Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 40 Mins
This recipe of classic British scones with a tasty twist of scallions and lots of cheese will bring joy to your lunch table. Happy cooking!
You can check the archive of other British recipes for different ideas.
Click to rate this recipe!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
- Mix the milk, vegetable oil, baking powder, salt and half of the flour in a large bowl.
- Wash the scallion leaves thoroughly and slice them evenly, then add the pieces into the mixture and keep mixing.
- Add the rest of the flour and keep kneading the dough until it is thoroughly mixed.
- Place the dough on top of an oven tray which is covered with a sheet of baking paper (You can sprinkle some extra flour on the sheet before you place the dough).
- Preheat the oven at 190℃ (370℉), use the fan mode.
- Bake the scones for 25 minutes, then add the rest of the mozzarella on top of the scones and keep baking for 5 more minutes.
- Optional: If you like it crispier, you can bake for 5-10 more minutes at 170℃ (340℉).
- Bon appetit!