This recipe of classic British scones with a tasty twist of scallions and lots of cheese will bring joy to your lunch table. Happy cooking!
You can check the archive of other British recipes for different ideas.
- Mix the milk, vegetable oil, baking powder, salt and half of the flour in a large bowl.
- Wash the scallion leaves thoroughly and slice them evenly, then add the pieces into the mixture and keep mixing.
- Add the rest of the flour and keep kneading the dough until it is thoroughly mixed.
- Place the dough on top of an oven tray which is covered with a sheet of baking paper (You can sprinkle some extra flour on the sheet before you place the dough).
- Preheat the oven at 190℃ (370℉), use the fan mode.
- Bake the scones for 25 minutes, then add the rest of the mozzarella on top of the scones and keep baking for 5 more minutes.
- Optional: If you like it crispier, you can bake for 5-10 more minutes at 170℃ (340℉).
- Bon appetit!