When you bake this delicious apple pie, the smell of cinnamon and apple will linger in your kitchen for days. Happy cooking!
Tips from the Author
- If you think your apples are too sweet, you can balance the taste by replacing one red apple with a green and sour one.
- You can use the dough you saved for the crust for making thin strips and then wove them into a pattern (but to do this pattern you shouldn’t freeze extra dough piece).
- Don’t forget to oil the pie pan you will use before transferring the dough.
- Lastly: Enjoy your delicious pie with your loved ones!
- You can check out other dessert recipes for different ideas.
For the Dough
- For the Filling
- For Decorating
Making the Dough
- Add the egg, melted but cooled down butter, sugar, vanillin sugar, baking powder and vegetable oil in a large bowl. Mix them thoroughly with a hand whisk.
- Slowly add the flour and keep mixing. When it solidifies enough, continue with your hands to knead until the dough is homogenous.
- Separate one-third of the dough for the crust and wrap both dough pieces with cling film. Place the small piece into the freezer and the big piece inside the fridge, both for 25 minutes. Making the Filling
- While waiting for the dough to chill, you can prepare the filling. Peel and cut the apples into two. Remove the seeds and grate them.
- Place the grated apples, sugar, cinnamon, butter and vanillin sugar onto a pan. Cook while stirring until the apple releases juice and withdraw it again.
- Add the crushed walnuts and stir for 30 more seconds. Remove the filling from the burner and let it cool down on the counter. Preparing the Pie
- Remove the dough pieces from the freezer and the fridge. Take the big piece and roll it between 2 sheets of baking paper until it is 2-3 mm (1/8 of an inch) thick.
- Transfer the rolled dough by placing the pie pan you oiled beforehand on the dough upside down and flipping it with the dough.
- Gently push the dough into the bottom of the pan and its sides to settle it with your fingers.
- Make a number of holes on the bottom layer with the help of a fork.
- Place the cooled down filling inside the pie pan and spread evenly.
- Take the frozen dough piece and grate it onto the pie to make the crust.
- Preheat the oven at 170℃ (340℉) with fan mode on.
- Bake the pie for 30 minutes until the crust turns to a golden yellow.
- You can sift powdered sugar over the pie once it cools down.
- Bon appetit!
You can serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.