Category: Floury Things, Main Dishes, Meat
Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 25 Mins Cook Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 55 Mins
This classic and tasty Turkish delight is an easy-to-make dish for your family dinner! Happy cooking!
Click to rate this recipe!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
For the Dough
- For the Filling
- For the Sauce
For the Dough
- Mix egg, salt and water in a large bowl. Add 400g of flour on top slowly while you keep kneading the dough.
- Finally add the last 100g of flour and keep kneading until you get a dough which is not sticky.
- Cover the bowl and leave it on the counter while you prepare the filling. For the Filling
- Place the minced meat, chopped onion and olive oil on a pan.
- Cook the minced meat in high temperature while you keep stirring.
- Cook it until the color of the meat turns into dark brown.
- Add the salt and cook for one more minute. Then take the pan off the burner and let it cool down on the counter. For Manti
- Take the dough you prepared and divide in half.
- Place the first half on the counter you sprinkled with flour.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin. Keep sprinkling some flour and flip the dough from time to time so that the dough won't stick on the counter.
- When you achieve 2-3 mm thickness, cut the dough into small squares with the help of a knife or a dough cutter. (3cmx3cm squares)
- Place half a tsp of the filling meat at the center of every square.
- Close the squares by squeezing only the corners together. The middle part will stay open.
- Repeat this process for the other half of the dough.
- Place the manti you prepared on an oiled baking tray by starting from the center.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C. (fan mode on)
- Bake the manti for 20 minutes. While waiting for this, you can start with the sauce. For the Sauce
- Place the tomato paste, tomato puree and butter on a sauce pan.
- Heat it up until butter and the paste blends together.
- When the mixture starts to boil, add the spices and water on top and keep stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Then take it off the burner and let it rest until the manti is ready for its sauce. For the Final Step
- After 20 minutes of baking, the manti out but leave the oven on. Place the tray on the counter. Pour the sauce on top evenly.
- Place the tray back into the oven and bake 10 more minutes until the water of the sauce evaporates.
- You can serve it with garlic yoghurt and melted butter.
- Bon appetit!