Category: Main Dishes, Pasta
Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 40 Mins Cook Time: 5 Mins Total Time: 45 Mins
This easy Italian recipe will bring the taste of the fresh pasta into your kitchen! Happy cooking!
Click to rate this recipe!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
- For Filling
- Mix the water, salt and eggs in a large bowl with the help of a whisk.
- Add the flour slowly while you keep mixing.
- You should get a dough which is not sticky. You can add a little extra flour to achieve that.
- When the dough is ready, divide it into 2 smaller pieces.
- Find a ravioli mold( or an ice mold will do) and cover the insides with some flour.
- Place the first piece of dough on the counter. Start rolling it out with a rolling pin while sprinkling some flour occasionally.
- Don't forget to flip it often and roll from each sides or one side will stick to the counter.
- When it is thin enough( only a few millimeters), cut the dough in half with a knife.
- Take the first half and place it on the mold.
- Start putting small pieces (half a tsp) of the filling you prepared on each square. When you are placing the filling, gently and slowly push the dough downwards so the filling goes inside. Be careful not to puncture the dough.
- Then cover it with the other half of the rolled dough you prepared beforehand. Use the rolling pin on the mold to stick the 2 dough layer to each other.
- Cut the raviolis into squares with a pizza cutter or a knife.
- You can push down the sides of the squares gently with your finger to close the openings even further if there are any.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the dough. You can even use the extra dough you got while molding to reduce your waste.
- Place the raviolis on a large plate which you covered with baking paper. ( You can cook right away or you can store it in the fridge for a day.)
- Boil some water in a deep pot. Place the pasta inside and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- You can serve with cheese, cream or tomato sauce according to your taste.
- Bon appetit!