Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 30 Mins Cook Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr
This historical Turkish delicacy will bring the scents of an Ottoman bakery into your kitchen! Happy cooking!
Click to rate this recipe!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
- For Filling
- For Filling Sauce
- For Covering
- Place the diced onion and minced meat on a pan. Pour the olive oil on top and turn the heat on.
- Stir often and cook until the meat takes a dark brown color. Turn the burner off and let the meat rest and cool down.
- Add the mineral water on top of the meat and mix it throughly. For Filling Sauce
- Mix the eggs, vegetable oil, milk, yoghurt, vinegar and salt in a bowl with the help of a whisk. For Preparing the Borek
- Take the dough sheets to the counter. Cut the circle sheets into 4 equal parts (quarters).
- Place on quarter on your counter. Spread some of the fillling sauce onto the sheet evenly with the help of a egg brush.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of cooked minced meat on the long border of the quarter in a thin line.
- Start rolling the sheet from the long border and get a rolll of sheet full of the cooked minced meat at the end. Bend the roll without breaking it, to make 3 rows next to each other.
- Repeat this process for each quarter of sheet.
- Cover an oven tray with parchment paper and place the borek you prepared on the tray.
- Preheat the oven at 190 degrees. (turbo mode on) For Covering Sauce
- Mix the olive oil, egg yolks and sugar in a small bowl. Brush the mixture on top of the borek with an egg brush.
- Bake the borek in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Bon appetit!