Category: Main Dishes, Meat
Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 2 Hr 15 Mins Cook Time: 45 Mins Total Time: 3 Hr
This authentic Turkish recipe will bring the classic kebab delicacy into your kitchen! Happy cooking!
Click to rate this recipe!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
For the Meat
- Take the meat cubes and 2 tablespoons of butter into a deep pot. Add water until you fill 3/4 of the pot.
- Start cooking with high heat. When it starts to boil, close its lid but leave a small opening for the steam to come out.
- Every 20 minutes, add water to complete the water level to 3/4 of the pot.
- Repeat this procedure until you reach at least 2 hours of total boiling time.
- You can cook even more according to your taste.
- When you complete 2 hours (or more) boiling time, don't add any extra water. Wait for the last added water to evaporate.
- When the water evaporates, take the pot away from the burner and let it rest on the counter to cool down. For Eggplant Layer
- Wash and peel the eggplants. Cut them into thin round slices.
- Let the slices wait in salty water for 5 minutes on the counter. (This way they will not be bitter.)
- Drain the salty water. Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil on top of the eggplant slices and cover them evenly.
- Place the slices on an oven tray which you covered with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven at 200°C.(fan mode on)
- Bake the eggplants for 15 minutes.
- Take the tray out and leave it on the counter to cool down. For the Sauce
- While waiting for the eggplants, you can start making the sauce. This way you will save time.
- Pour one tablespoon of vegetable oil on a pan and add chopped onions. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter, tomato paste, hot water, tomato puree and spices into the pan.
- Keep cooking while stirring. When the mixture starts to boil, add the tomato cubes and cook it for 3-4 more minutes.
- Take it to the counter to cool down. For the Kebab
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.( fan mode on)
- Find a deep oven tray. Place the baked eggplant slices at the bottom to form a layer.
- Place the meat pieces on top of the eggplant layer.
- Lastly pour the sauce on top.
- You can place the green peppers you chopped into long slices on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Bon appetit!