Category: Gluten Free, Oats and Grains, Side Dishes
Yields: 2 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 30 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 40 Mins
This light and delicious veggie quinoa salad will be one of your favourite snacks. It is also gluten-free and vegan! Happy cooking!
You can check out my other side dish or gluten-free recipes for different ideas.
Click to rate this recipe!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
For Cooking Quinoa
- For Making the Salad
- For Dressing
Cooking the Quinoa
- Wash the quinoa under running water for a few minutes inside a strainer. Then take the quinoa into a bowl and fill it with cold water. Let it stay in the water for around 30 minutes, then wash again for a few more minutes under running water.
- Take the washed quinoa into a pot and pour the measured water on top. Sprinkle the salt. Heat the pot up until the water boils, and let it simmer for a minute.
- Turn the heat down to low and close the lid of the pot. Frequently check until the quinoa absorbs all the water.
- Transfer the pot to the counter and let it rest with the lid closed for 5-10 minutes. Preparing the Salad
- Peel and chop the eggplant into small cubes. Let the cubes rest in a bowl of salty water for a few minutes. Then wash it under running water.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes. Take them aside.
- Heat up a pan and pour the olive oil. Add the eggplant and garlic powder into the pan. Stir frequently until the eggplants change colour.
- Add the curry, salt, tomatoes and crushed walnuts. Cook for 1 more minute.
- When ready, take the pan away from the heat.
- Mix the cooked quinoa, cooked veggie mix, chopped scallions, olive oil and pomegranate sauce inside a large bowl.
- Bon appetit!