Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 2 Hr 30 Mins Total Time: 2 Hr 45 Mins
This warm and delicious beef stew recipe is one of the best cures for the dark and cold winter days. Happy cooking!
- You can check other meat dishes for different meal ideas.
Click to rate this recipe!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
For Preparing the Meat
- Mix the flour and black pepper in a bowl. Add the steaks (you can chop them into smaller chunks) on top and cover them thoroughly with this mixture.
- Heat up the vegetable oil in the pot you will make your stew.
- When the oil is hot, place the covered steaks into the pot and keep flipping until they turn brown (5-8 minutes).
- Transfer the steaks into a bowl and make sure to keep the heat on for the next step. For Making the Stew
- Pour vinegar and red wine into the pot. Keep stirring and use a spatula to dislodge the browned bits of leftover at the bottom of the pot.
- When it is simmering, add the browned steaks, beef broth, soy sauce, butter, chopped garlic, bay leaves and spices except for the salt into the pot.
- Cover the pot with a lid halfway and let it boil at medium heat for 1 and a half hours. Keep stirring and checking the liquid level regularly, when the level is getting lower you should add additional broth or water when necessary.
- Add the chopped onions, tomato, tomato puree and chopped carrots into the stew. Keep boiling for 1 more hour. Again keep stirring and replenish the water content until the last 15 minutes.
- At the last 15 minutes, open the lid fully and don't add additional water or broth. Add salt and keep stirring.
- When the stew thickens and the steaks become soft enough that they can be broken up easily with your spoon, remove the pot from the burner.
- You can serve it right away while it is hot.
- Bon appetit!
You can serve it with rice pilaf or potato puree.