When you taste the oozing melted chocolate at the core of this lava cake, all of your chocolate cravings will be satisfied! Happy cooking!
Tips from the Author
You might want to sift some powdered sugar on top of the baked lava cakes before you serve if you want them to be sweeter. You can also serve these cakes alongside vanilla ice cream.
For more cake recipes click here.
- For Greasing the Cake Pans
For Greasing the Cake Pans
- First of all, place one teaspoon of butter into each cake pan you will use, and spread the butter evenly to grease the pans with your fingertips.
- Then sift half a teaspoon of flour into each pan, making sure the flour is spread evenly to the bottom and the sides of the cake pan. For the Lava Cake
- Mix the egg, sugar, vanillin sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Place the butter and pieces of dark chocolate in a saucepan. Start heating it up at low temperature. Mix it regularly until the chocolate melts inside the butter.
- As soon as the chocolate melts, take the pan away from the burner. This way the butter won't be overheated.
- Let the saucepan cool down on the counter for a couple of minutes before you add this melted chocolate into the mixture.
- Add the melted chocolate into the mixture and make sure to stir the mixture. This will help the chocolate to be more easily integrated into the mixture.
- Divide the mixture equally into your greased and floured cake moulds.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees (do not use the fan mode).
- Bake the lava cakes for exactly 8 minutes. If you bake them for more than 8 minutes, the chocolate inside won't be melted and ooze out.
- Bon appetit!