Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 1 Hr 10 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr 20 Mins
Your kitchen will smell like a holiday wonderland after you bake these vanilla and lemon cookies. Happy holidays and happy cooking!
Tips from the Author
- The butter should rest and cool down after you melt it. If the butter is still hot when you mix it with the egg, the egg would curdle.
- If you don’t have baking bowder, you can use 1,5 teaspoons of carbonate and a few drops of lemon juice instead of 10 grams of baking powder.
- You shouldn’t use the fan mode of your oven while baking cookies.
- Make sure that you don’t overbake the cookies. Just when they start to change color, you should take them out.
- You can check out other cookie recipes to explore different ideas.
Click to rate this recipe!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
- For Decorating
- Mix the lukewarm melted butter and egg in a bowl.
- Add the powdered sugar and keep mixing.
- Grate the lemon peel and add the peel into the bowl. Squeeze the lemon for the juice you need, add the lemon juice and vanillin sugar into the mixture. Keep mixing.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt by sifting into the mixture. Mix it thoroughly.
- You must achieve a homogenously mixed cookie dough. Wrap the dough and let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll the dough on the counter between 2 sheets of baking paper. The dough layer must be 1-1,5 cm thick.
- By using a cookie cutter of your choosing, cut shapes out of the cookie dough layer.
- Transfer the shapes onto an oven tray which you covered with a sheet of baking paper beforehand.
- Preheat the oven at 180℃ (do not use the fan mode).
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes until the tops start to change color.
- Let them rest on the counter and cool down. When they cooled down, you can sift the extra powdered sugar on top of the cookies.
- Bon appetit!